Monday, August 13, 2012

Keeping the FEAR Away!


My husband use to say, “Be careful of what you ask for because you just might get it.”  Well, I feel like I’m about to get something, and I’m not sure what “it” is or if I want it.
Since May 2012, I’ve been trying to figure out where I can take my little girl to get some help for what has become chronic aspiration pneumonia.  While I want help, I’m not sure I’m prepared to go through the steps to get the help.  And if I’ve learned nothing else, I know my plan are pale in comparison to what God has planned.
I’m not distrusting God, but all of the “what ifs” have starting filling my head.  Am I doing the right thing?  What should I be doing?  Is this the right thing?  What if this happens?  What if that happens?  What if they say this?  What if they say that?  What about my other children?  What if I have to stay for a long time?  Will I have a job?  Will I have enough money to take care of our needs?  And the list of “WHAT IFS” go on and on and on.  The Energizer Bunny has nothing on the number of thoughts I’m contending with in my head.
Anyway, I don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but I reaffirm my trust in my personal Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ. My God is awesome, and I know He can do all things EXCEPT fail.  My prayer is for God to strengthen me to endure all that will come next, and for me to recognize that God is still on High!  

No comments:

Post a Comment